Sunday, February 5, 2012

10 Days Too Short

Well, I fly out of San Diego tomorrow, and I can't believe my trip is coming to a close! The time flew right by. On Thursday I ended up taking the guided trolley tour around the city. The first and only stop I made was at Old Town, which is home of the largest margarita found in the nation. I didn't have one, but I did enjoy a regular sized in the sun before getting back on the trolley. Old Town was very charming, but mostly just a tourist trap. I am really glad I took the tour, I learned some trivia about the town of San Diego and such. A two hour drive around the city with entertainment, old folks and after a few drinks was  a great way to spend Thursday, plus I got to walk through Little Italy, yet another one of San Diego's restaurant laden hubs of bustling culture.


Thursday night Anna and I pretty much got ready for the shows and packed bags for the weekend before a lovely dinner at Cucina Urbana, a nice Italian place around the corner. Friday the craziness began. After getting on the road we had a picnic at Point Loma, one of the more spectacular places I've seen in San Diego. Taking our time up the coast we made our next stop in La Jolla for some happy hour rejuvenation. On to the venue for An Evening with Keller Williams! Belly Up was the name of the spot, which was a great venue reminding a lot of Higher Ground... It had been years since I had seen Keller. The first and only time before was the doing of Tim Perez! Show=amazing, crowd=beachbums&dreadlocks, dancing=DUH.


Anna's boyfriend met us at the show and we crashed at his cousins spot. Saturday left us with plenty of driving, but we stopped to see the cutest puppies EVER at Karl's aunts house, then spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out at Venice Beach once we made it on the road!


The venue for Saturday night was Club Nokia and we made there in time to catch the end of Keller's opening set and get right up front for moe.! We were lucky enough to meet up with one of our friend Neils buddies and raaaged our faces off. I thoroughly enjoyed my first moe. show. The crowd was even better last night, the dancing was even more intense and the music was off the chizzain....! 

Back in San Diego today I mostly just enjoyed my last full day by taking another walk around the park. Sundays at 2 there is a free organ concert outside in the park too, it was awesome. But, Anna is home from work now and I must go.... I'll write more soon, if not before I arrive back in the frigid world of my real life.


No comments:

Post a Comment